View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 05:24 AM   #15
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sexism, Racism, Jingoism and Homophobia- That's entertainment!

Yeah I dont think Ive ever taken a Bay movie seriously. I know Bay doesnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
But it's all so FUNNY! Right? So if you don't like it, you're just too uptight!

*Yawn*

Since these boards seem to be crawling with people who absolutely love these movies, I fully expect the response of:

"Lighten up. Not everything needs to be politically correct and "Disney-fied" Blah, blah blah, pus*syfication of America, blah, blah, blah."

Actually, no. The problem with brainless movies like these is that they endorse and perpetuate negative stereotypes and outright mocking of sexes, races and behaviors that you don't identify with- and of course, the behaviors you are meant to identify with are those of the hero. The promotion of ignorant bliss all disguised as a good fun action romp!)

People should really be insulted by this movie. Well, not by the movie itself, but by the attitudes of the film makers that they can just churn out any tripe and you'll gobble it up greedily.

+10 points for the response:

"Dude, it's just a movie. Chill." or

"It's just an action movie dude, you're supposed to turn off your brain and enjoy it for what it is."

Both awful responses for accepting this hateful garbage as entertainment.

predictable. Anyone got an actual response? I'd love if this could encourage some discussion.

So...can someone point me to another giant robot movie with a 250 million budget thats more universally appropriate? Probably not. I saw this movie cause theres giant robots blowing **** up. I cant see that anywhere else. Could care less about everything else attached to this movie.

U can find something offensive in every movie. If you find something offensive and it really does bother you then dont watch it.Yes Its a comedy for the most part so your not supposed to take any of that stuff seriously. Look at how many comedians use sex and racism in their jokes. Seriously I hear way more racist/sexist songs playing on the radio then whats found in this movie. If someone walked out of the flick and became a sexist/racist/homophobe then there are bigger problems going on with that person. Its not a movie thats trying to teach us how to live our lives. The violence in this movie is also pretty harsh and unapologetic, do you have a problem with that as well? Im sure alot of parents do.

Last edited by def28; 07-04-2011 at 05:52 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote