View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #61
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Default Re: Sexism, Racism, Jingoism and Homophobia- That's entertainment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Au contraire, my friend, the only people that are smug around here are the ones that insist you be a brain dead shill and not question anything. Then if you do question it, they insist you go read shakespeare, because clearly those are the only two options. That's smug. Calling people out on their bulls*it, well, it may make you uncomfortable and defensive because it's true, but it's not smug or self-righteous. This is all just a continuation of the trend where it's become "cool" to be ignorant.

Dude, you can call me an elitist or whatever you'd like, but the truth is that I'm a realist. If you love these movies so much that you feel compelled to defend them to death, go for it. If you feel insulted because I've merely called this movie on all it's bull...well, that's because you buy into it.

If you'd prefer to live life wearing rose colored glasses, that's entirely your option.
First off, what offended me was your comment on how, since this is the Transformers section, you were not expecting any intelligent replies. Saying that implies that you feel that because we are fans of Transformers, that it somehow impacts our intelligence. It does not, and it is rather arrogant of you to think so.

Second, I never once made any of the comments you suggested to me as being smug, so I'm unsure why you threw that at me. Nor am I, "defending this movie to the death," but rather disagreeing with your accusations.

Third, the reason I called you an elitist, is because you seem to be looking sharply down your nose at anyone who does not share your opinion. The points you make are opinions, not facts. Therefore, treating them as such, is an elitist thing to do.

Lastly, I'm curious why had nothing to say to my counter arguments. I imagine you have a good reason, but dodging them, as it seems you've done, only makes you look like more of a snob.

Last edited by Hotwire; 07-05-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote