View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #55
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

The Wolverine, from everything that I know about it, is a completely stand alone film that neither connects to, nor contradicts, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It is a stand alone, unrelated story that can completely fit into the existing universe without directly tying itself to other events in it. There are lots of film series out there in which the sequels never directly tie in to their predecessors, but still exist as part of the universe without being considered a "reboot".

As far as Deadpool goes, I don't know anything about a leaked script, what's in it, or how legitimate it is. Quite frankly, from my point of few, the Deadpool universe is far enough removed from the X-Men universe that I would probably look at it as it's own separate film. Whether Deadpool blatantly contradicts X-Men Origins: Wolverine or not, I will see it as a separate continuity, and I certainly won't give any precedence to Deadpool when considering which events are officially part of the X-Men film universe if it does try to contradict.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote