View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #57
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

In response to that, Hellion, the only DVD anthologies that I have seen that have made a clear separation from original series to "reboot" is the Batman movies.

Never once have I seen a Batman set that includes Batman Begins or The Dark Knight alongside the Burton / Shumacher films.

I, and I also feel that many people who aren't strict James Bond scholars, have a hard time considering Casion Royale and Quantam of Solice as through and through "reboots" when each movie is pretty much an unrelated, separate installment anyways. I think people in general just consider those movies the "latest" Bond movies, not a "new series".

I can't speak for Superman, because, well, I am just so not interested in Superman that I still don't think I've seen the first movie all the way through. I've seen bits of it, but never sat down and just watched it. I only watched Superman Returns because I was so interested in Bryan Singer's next film after his work on the X-Men movies. So I can't comment on how badly that film tosses out 3 and 4. But from the sounds of things, Superman 3 and Superman 4 were Batman & Robin levels of bad, thus the "reboot".

I guess what my point is, is that the Batman movies seem like the only "reboot" that is through and through endorsed by everyone involved as not part of the films that came before it. Craig's Bond movies are "just another Bond movie", Superman Returns is loosely part of the original series.

As of now, X-Men: The Last Stand is very much an official part of the X-Men film universe in Fox's opinion, and is very regularly found in trilogy box sets with the other 2 movies. And I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the X-Men anthology is out, and very much includes X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine right alongside X-Men: First Class. The Wolverine will fit into that "anthology" as a stand alone film, and who knows about Deadpool.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote