View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:22 PM   #58
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: The official X-men First Class BD/DVD thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
The Wolverine, from everything that I know about it, is a completely stand alone film that neither connects to, nor contradicts, X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It is a stand alone, unrelated story that can completely fit into the existing universe without directly tying itself to other events in it. There are lots of film series out there in which the sequels never directly tie in to their predecessors, but still exist as part of the universe without being considered a "reboot".

As far as Deadpool goes, I don't know anything about a leaked script, what's in it, or how legitimate it is. Quite frankly, from my point of few, the Deadpool universe is far enough removed from the X-Men universe that I would probably look at it as it's own separate film. Whether Deadpool blatantly contradicts X-Men Origins: Wolverine or not, I will see it as a separate continuity, and I certainly won't give any precedence to Deadpool when considering which events are officially part of the X-Men film universe if it does try to contradict.
With The wolverine I am largely In agreement with you.The Leaked script details clearly show they are not conterdicting anything from other films despite some In the Wolverine board advocating It be a reboot.It IS self contained story of Wolverine's time In Japan after losing his memory.

Deadpool Is much more problematic.Making it with an connection to X-Men In title and having any connection to X-Men In film Is a huge mistake.While many disagree with me I think it Is bad Idea for ryan Reynolds to play Deadpool In film which Ignores or reboots Wolverine.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote