View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #93
Grievous
Miss Me?

Default Re: Sexism, Racism, Jingoism and Homophobia- That's entertainment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
The way Bay treats women like empty sex objects is far different from the Bond girls who are often just as cunning as Bond himself.

But the movie does send the wrong message about blacks. It lampoons black culture making the two urban robots the but of the joke. Black culture is simply being laughed at. It's completely unnecessary.

No one is saying the US military should be the villain. But why should a Transformer movie be used as a blatant army recruitment ad? The movie is called Transformers not GI Joe.
I agree with you that the Bond girls can be just as cunning and clever as Bond himself but in TF1 Fox's character helps Bee get on that truck and she drives him around while he shoots at Brawl, and Rosie's character talks Megatron into saving Prime's life. The Girls in Tranformers are not just standing on the sidelines crying for the battle to be over they are trying to do things to help the cause.

Making jokes about Black culture is unneeded in a action movie. But Nobody would of cryed racist if a robot with a bad cowboy voice that acted stupid and almost got himself killed alot.

Tranformers could have been all about robots but people would want to know how come humans are not helping the Autobots? Bay has ever right to fly a flag in his movie as you do in your front yard. I think the reason the army had such a huge role was to make a Decepticon attack seem real. That everybody was involed not just the Autobots.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous

Last edited by Grievous; 07-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote