View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #14
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Default Re: What should come next? Transformers 4 or a reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Yeah, again, why do people keep assuming Transformers is "a great story" with "substance" Did you watch the show? It's basically the same exact formula as Masters of the Universe, G.I.Joe and Gobots (which by the way, was written around the same time, it was no 'rip off', just so happened the toylines were very similar). There was no substance to Transformers. Every week they hit the proverbial reset button. It was like the A-Team or Scooby-Doo. None of the characters developed, grew or matured. It wasn't about the "working class vs the soldiers" either. I'm sorry I ever told anyone about "Five Faces of Darkness" because clearly people take one line of dialogue and assume it applied to the whole series. Optimus and the Autobots were never depicted as "workers", in fact both Optimus and Ultra Magnus referred to themselves as "soldiers". It's not a deep property. All the mythos is incredibly awkward for movie audiences, unless you want to get into robot sex and budding. Transformers is an extremely rigid and straightforward good vs evil storyline written for cracked out eighties children, nothing more.
I hear what you are saying but what I'm saying is that I do see a story about a boy finding an alien car, then somehow getting sucked into an alien war with robots. In the first movie we see snippets of this many times of the Bumblebee and Sam relationship. But in the last two movies any plot/character development is thrown away for stupid/poor comedy bits. It's insane that they are both around 2.5 hours but nothing is really developed from the first movie. This could be a fun adventure story about Autobots warring with Decepticons on Earth with Sam somehow being caught in the middle.

Last edited by Liam_H; 07-06-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Liam_H is offline   Reply With Quote