View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 PM   #35
Nathan

Default Re: Which scenes had you(r) cheering/heart racing/mouth open/tearing up/etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post

How exactly is that a political agenda? Do you even know what that term means? What motive was he advocating for what political policy?

Yes, I clearly see some heinous political agenda when the symbol of the United States - a symbol of freedom - is shown after having won a battle to preserve freedom; a battle fought by US citizens and military; a battle fought on US soil; in a major US city that was laid to ruin by the bad guys.

The American flag is synonymous with freedom, hope, and victory. Showcasing the victorious sides' flag after a battle or event is a world-renowned action, be it through imagery, waving, or physically placing the flag in enemy/new territory.

I really don't get this fad of hating any suggestion of pro-USA feelings or imagery that kids have today.

I really have to say it didn't bother me at all in this Movie. I didn't even notice it to be honest. In Spider-Man 3 though, there that **** annoyed me.