View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #40
Hotwire
Pro-Customizer

Default Re: What should come next? Transformers 4 or a reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Depends. I feel real sorry for whoever has to come in and try to write a continuation after the mess the last two movies were, it might be easier to just have a reboot.

I also wish somebody would be on board that will put the budget towards good quality Transformers time, not just see a couple of the "fan favorites" have a shoot out scene for a minute, then disappear for the rest of the film. I wonder how much money was wasted on John Malcovich that could have been used on Ironhide blasting away an extra 5 dreads before he got stabbed in the back?

This is tough, I like the designs of the Transformers, I like the roles that Lennox and Epps played, and would like to see them expanded, and like people say, there's tons of more Transformers to bring in, and maybe Hasbro can invent a new bad guy.
I posted some rough figures over on TFW2005, I use the same name over there, that answer your question.

Based on employment websites and production info on the first two movies, each Transformer costs about $1.5 million per minute of screen time, per animator working on him.

FYI, this would put the budget of a fully CGI movie, somewhere around $200 million plus, per bot, for a two hour film. I doubt any studio would green light that budget.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote