View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #40
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Superman falls to Earth after throwing Lexland into space. He is taken into Hospital where his heart rate is zero. A small shard of Kryptonite is removed from the wound inflicted by Lex. They try to inject him with Adrenaline, but the needle breaks on his skin, they try to use a defibrillator, but his bosy insulates against the electricity and short circuits it. The doctors stare hopelessly as they cannot get him to regain rhythm. Cuts to Perry's original Daily Planet headline "SUPERMAN DIES".
Okay where in what you posted does it negate what I originally said my interpretation was.

The doctors look hopeless because they don't know how to treat him, because their machines can't even get a read on his vital signs to be able to tell what the hell is going on.

As for back at the DP, they also had the headline Superman Lives right next to it... Or did you miss the comment on the neccesary morbidity of preparing both papers incase he in fact DID die... But he hadn't yet...

Sure, they are interesting questions that I don't mind seeing in an elseworlds GN. But as a theme for the film that is kicking off the tone of the whole JL, and in a film that is presenting Superman to the general audience in a way that current generations will remember him?
I just don't like it. It's dark, it's depressing and it's not how I like the tone of Superman films to be.'
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote