View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #86
merced
Banned User

Default Re: Siegel & Shuster vs WB: Superman and Infinite Crisis - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ita-KalEl View Post
LOL exactly. In addition I don't understand the logic behind "Superman comics are outsold by other dc titles so the franchise is dead and only a mad would invest on it".
Is he talking about Green Lantern? Because GL movie is a terrible flop, so where is the connection between comics sales and the real power/potential of a brand?
Superman books sell poorly (under 30K/month) because the qualty is poor and has been forever.

Not talking the occasional special, I'm talking the regular books. Heck Superman was missing from one of his titles for a year - Lex basically taking it over. That is what I'm talking about. The quality has not been there for a long time which explains the poor sales figures.

Great sales and good quality like there is with the GL books (he's getting 5 books in the reboot, Superman is reduced to 2) doesn't guarantee a film's sucess as we've just seen. Lots of other factors were going on with that film that hurt it IMO.

Building a foundation of quality work, hopefully Timm's GL will be a hit, is in the long run going to bolster and strengthen a character.

merced is offline   Reply With Quote