View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 03:53 AM   #72
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
Well consider the fact that the actress who plays her is much popular and proved she can be an action figure (True Blood) , I don't see why Rogue can't gain her power back and become even more powerful. Leech is at the academy, so he could stay next door to Rogue and Iceman for them to be intimate.

The new team will be lead by younger Charles, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Shadow cat and Collossus. Jean and Cyclops will reappear towards the end which will lead to X5.

X-men: Second class will continue its own storyline, so we know what would happen to the first class mutants. Emma taking over Hellfire club because Erik and her do not have the same philosophies.
I'm not sure how many people would be interested in a Charles Xavier who isn't played by Patrick Stewart or James McAvoy. The whole idea of his mind moving to another body was such an... OFFENSIVE Deus Ex stretch as it was. Reviving Jean and Cyclops would be horrendous ("lolz jk they din't die afterall"). Storm won't return because wasn't there an issue with HB demanding too much money? I can't really see Anna Paquin reviving her role now that she's got such a good thing going with True Blood. I think Shawn Ashmore would come back, not sure about Ellen Page.

TLS offended so many people, comic fans and ordinary moviegoers alike, that there isn't any X4 they could make after it that would reassure people. They gave themselves a dead end in terms of most of the characters and in terms of the "current timeline" X-Men being entertaining. X-Men: First class did poorly at the box office because ordinary movie goers remembered how bad TLS was (perhaps moreso than Origins). If they are only going to make one non-Wolverine/Deadpool X-Men movie, which makes the most sense: following up a horribly-received movie that killed off 3 of the main characters and prevents Patrick Stewart from reprising his role, or following up a very favorably reviewed preboot that did alright at the box office despite the bare minimum of marketing and truly shameful first-look posters? If they put effort into marketing for FC2 like they have the other movies, I think it would easily surpass The Last Stand's earnings. Heck, I think FC1 will probably end its run just 100M shy of TLS's worldwide tally which is not bad at all considering, again, all the things this movie had working against it (marketing, "unknown" actors, 2 wretched movies that came before it, competing with a summer jampacked with heavy hitters).

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote