View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #83
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
And I've never met a person outside of the interwebz that takes such issue with X-Men: The Last Stand. Most general audience members don't have much issue with the movie, and in fact I've had plenty tell me to "get over it" (i.e.: the changes from the source material like Cyclops dying) because the movie was good.

These X-Men movies don't mean nearly as much to the mainstream movie audience as they do to interwebz X-Men fans. To them, it's just another comic book movie. They aren't worried about Cyclops dying, Phoenix not being 100% accurate to the comics, or Brett Ratner pacing his movie fast.
You and I are destined to do this forever.

Also you're arguing my exact point in the second paragraph. TLS is disliked for being a bad movie, not because "you can't kill off Cyclops!!" or whatever. I am not an internet fanboy and neither is anyone I know (at least not for X-Men). I just really liked the first two movies, hated the two that followed, and loved the third one. My feelings on each one are mercifully devoid of comic and even cartoon attachments.

Like I've said before though, they've really shot themselves in the foot killing off Patrick Stewart's character. His presence in the films was probably a selling point.

blueserenity is offline   Reply With Quote