View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #84
Nell2ThaIzzay

Default Re: What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
You and I are destined to do this forever.

Also you're arguing my exact point in the second paragraph. TLS is disliked for being a bad movie, not because "you can't kill off Cyclops!!" or whatever. I am not an internet fanboy and neither is anyone I know (at least not for X-Men). I just really liked the first two movies, hated the two that followed, and loved the third one. My feelings on each one are mercifully devoid of comic and even cartoon attachments.

Like I've said before though, they've really shot themselves in the foot killing off Patrick Stewart's character. His presence in the films was probably a selling point.
But I'm telling you the general audience doesn't generally feel that way.

Yea, you may know a couple people. Over the course of 5 years, living in 2 different states, and the many different types of people I have encountered, I have not experienced that same level of hatred from people in real life that I have experienced from the internet fanboy community. I think I can combine for about 3 people combined that dislike X-Men: The Last Stand and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and one of those people dislikes X-Men period and doesn't find anything special about them, and often goes on anti-X-Men rants to get a rise out of me. Even most of the "fanboys" that I encounter in real life are of the mindset that "outside of Cyclops dying, the movie wasn't bad".

I just can't personally believe that the general audience hates those 2 movies so badly when I get nothing but positive reactions about those 2 movies constantly, or at worst, indifference. Never once have I had a conversation with someone in real life about how horrid and awful those movies were.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote