View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #116
KyleDW2
Side-Kick

Default Re: Siegel & Shuster vs WB: Superman and Infinite Crisis - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by merced View Post
As I said, even if there is an agreement there is no incentive for WB/DC to invest heavilly in the classic Superman cause they lose exclusive rights to him in less than 20 years.

IMO WB/DC will continue to develop a "new" character they completely own for 75 years to come rather than throw good money after bad into a short term investment which is what the classic Superman is now. Both for WB/DC, the heirs and Toberoff.

If there is a resolution I expect DC will continue a classic Superman line but the focus will shift to a new, re-imaged Man of Steel for the new century. Financially that is the only way to go given how relatively soon the classic Superman goes public.
So...the theory is that WB and DC are throwing all the money and talent they have into one Superman movie...only to go in a completely different direction directly after? And they are rewriting Superman's origins...only to ditch the character in a little while because continuing to write him would be too hard?

Is it just me, or does everybody else see that this makes no sense whatsoever?

Also, Superman will never go public. All of your doom and gloom theories are just that. Theories. Like how the moon landing was faked.