View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 10:49 PM   #122
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: Siegel & Shuster vs WB: Superman and Infinite Crisis - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
I keep seeing people write this, but if this MOS is a big success, there WILL be a sequel. Count on it. No way imo will WB/DC lose the rights. They may have to pay some money to the heirs, but I don't think those heirs will ultimately end up in control of anything. Also, I can't believe WB are treating this film as a one off, end of the line proposition. I'd like to know if they have optioned Henry & Amy for more than one film.
If MOS is somehow a huge success, and it raises the value of the Superman brand...they'll be more money to fight over regarding settlements et al. That's the big irony about this whole thing.

I don't see it so much as WB treating this as a one-off with no desire for a sequel, it's just that they're prepared not to continue with it if things go the way they've been going. You could have appeals spanning the next 5-8 years...in which case no one would have full control over anything, but nothing would be produced because every effort would feed yet another lawsuit, counter-suit, appeal, and so on.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote