View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #44
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scenes in the movie that made go "Uhhh really?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_rob View Post
I wonder if you would support a Bay helmed Superman film, chock full of stupid, needless characters like Transformers. Lois Lane would be some super hot model with zero acting skills, and every scene with her would be filmed like a lingerie commercial. She would exist only to say supportive things to Superman, and never do anything useful herself, except pop up at the end and give Lex a peptalk, tricking him into saving Superman by attacking Darkseid.

Superman would be barely existent in the film, and Clark would be the main character, stumbling around like a buffoon (moreso than Reeve's version and without the charm), and getting into whacky misadventures with random, unneeded characters that contributes zero to the main plot.

Superman would only appear after Lois or Jimmy spend about 20-30 minutes running from enemies, escaping from falling buildings, or some other hazard scene that runs overly long. Superman would swoop in, save their asses, then fly off after saying some noble, or badass line.

BTW, the climax of the movie would be 45 minutes of nonstop, state of the art action, but with Perry, Lois, Jimmy and a random assortment of comic relief characters just running from the main villain. Superman appears towards the end to face off with the final villain, but instead of a climatic final battle, Superman instantly defeats the villain and the world is saved.

Rinse and repeat for sequel.

That's basically what Transformers 2&3 were, but replace Superman with Optimus.
clever,

What would be even more clever would be comparing the beat/tone/comical work of Donners superman before he makes a superman movie(written by Mario friggon Puzo) to the beat/tone/comical work of his Lethal Weapon movies. (rinse and repeat 3 times for good measure)

Hey why not give Superman an old black, seemingly retired actor as a side kick, call him John Henry (irons) and have him run around like a chicken in spotted boxers for the opening of the movie, then have an acclaimed Asian action star/actor show up and not say a single word but do a lot of fancy kicks and twirls while he and his buds play on numerous negative Asian gang related/refugee stereo types......Hell why not cast Mel Gibson in the lead, I mean this is Richard Donner is it not.

It's called will full intent, for a welcoming and established audience. Superman played as fun action comedy probably wouldn't work as well as TF does. You'd have to ask the producers...they actually set and write off on the tone among other things. But hey, bay is bay so don't let me stop you from ignorant presumptions.

If Todd Phillips directs batman after Nolan, he might cast one of the hangover guys and set it in another Asian country and make another wildly offensive(but not as offensive as bay), and make an action comedy out of the dark knight.

To be honest, even if bay didn't bring his Rock game to a superman production, I and a lot of people be way more interested in seeing it than another "well written," "well toned," Bryan Singer character piece.

Quote:
BTW, did any of those directors give a meaningful critique of Bay's work, or basically just say, "He films action well", or "Is a good visual director". Basically just blanket statements of feigning politeness and nothing that describes his work as a whole.
I can't say, from what I've read they said they like what he does. Take that for what it's worth. Cameron said something about reverse engineering his style and what not. Hey, Bay has said he likes Kubrick, but that was probably just a blanket statement of politeness and nothing describing his work as a whole too. It's hard finding lush quotes in this day and age.