View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #57
Raiden
The Captain

Default Re: Optimus Prime's characterization (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 View Post
Having a style and being the actual thing are 2 different things.

And the Marvel Anime is being written and produced for the Japanese market.The characters and stories are being re-invented and introduced for a Japanese audience first.
It certainly does.The show was wrtitten and produced by an American company with the American masrket in mind, it took its cues from American culture in how it was presented.

If it was written and produced by a Japanese company, with a Japasnese market in mind then it would be anime.

DBZ, Pokeymon, Death note fit that bill, even Marvel anime fits that bill because Marvel is leaving all the creative aspects of the shows to Japanese writers and producers so they can " re-imagine" the marvel characters.

The original Transformers and Thundercats dont fit the "anime" lable because they were written and produced by an American company with an American market in mind and took its cultral cues from American cuture.

The fact that they out sourced the animation to a Japanese animation studio does not make them "anime".
Yes it does, because anime should be considered as an art style and not based on who wrote or produced the said animation. Here's what I found from Wikipedia re: anime that echos how I felt:

Quote:
English-language dictionaries define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or as "a style of animation developed in Japan"

Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote