View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #76
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scenes in the movie that made go "Uhhh really?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_rob View Post
Yeah, I guess it makes sense to equate Bay's writing methods to those of a children's cartoon.

But, Spider_rob, Transformers is based on a kid's cartoon so it fits!

Yeah, I don't remember waking up on Saturday to ghetto robots, close ups of supermodel asses, implied usage of the F word, and other depravity.
why are we doing that argument now?
All I said was that if people didn't have a problem with character strength consistency in the cartoon, why should they have one now?

...oh that's right because cartoons didn't have an ass hole director.

But now that you bring it up;
I do remember waking up on Saturday mornings to see jive talking robots, mixed with hick and Asian and even south Bronx talking robots doing and saying silly, stereotypical things. I remember naked bi-peds running all over the place, more ass shots than I can count to be honest. I remember robot farts and other bodily functions.
I don't ever remember hearing the F word in the cartoons though, you've gotta hand it to bay on that one, I know you can only drop the F-bomb once in a pg13 film and he really pushed the envelope on that....damn does the man not know the meaning of restraint. Now he's gone an offended everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Yes, I've seen G1, Beast Wars, and other Japan-exclusive shows like Headmaster and Victory. But Bayformers =/= TF cartoons. And Megatron went from kicking Optimus Prime's ass all over the place after coming out of deep freeze in TF1 to getting owned by him in less than a minute when Prime only had one good arm in TF3? And I thought the fact that Megatron had to team up with Blackout and Starscream in ROTF to beat Prime in ROTF was ridiculous.
I thought it was a cool fight, I thought all fans did.
Someone told me they just figured the optimus of old wouldn't cut loose in a city full of people. Whereas in the forest he was especially driven based on principle. As for what happened in TF3.
Megatron is a walking corpse, his own crew probably doesn't even fear him anymore.
Quote:
Not sure how Sam's situation can be comparable with King's Speech. Btw, for all Sam's lamentation about his poor substitute of a car, I guess not everyone can get used to ordinary cars after driving a freakin' Transformer for so many years.
simple, just because he's "rich" doesn't mean he can't have troubles.
ergo the king George comparison.