View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #62
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

Sucker Punch is awful....ranks alongside the likes of Dragonball Evolution and The last Airbender. It's the kind of film that isn't even "so bad it's good". It's just......a mediocre vapid bore.
I don't mind it too much when a movie is little more than a vehicle for action or visual effects set pieces (or dance numbers for that matter).....but you've got to have some kind of vague character development or narrative to tie them in.
Costume changes do not substitute for character development, and a change of scenery does not mean you have a plot.

Ultimately i do not think SuckerPunch should worry anyone about Man of steel though, because all it really has proven to me is that Snyder can make even the most boring mediocre story look gorgeous and striking in his own unique way, and he should stay as far away from the typewriter as possible....at least as long as he's not basing it on a pre-existing story.
The story and screenplay for this movie was co-created by Chris Nolan and David Goyer....and Snyder is going to be in charge of bringing that to life.....

So it's going to be AWESOME.

sepharih is offline   Reply With Quote