Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #102
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scenes in the movie that made go "Uhhh really?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZink View Post
This is a pretty awesome breakdown of some of the issues:
that is pretty interesting.
not as interesting as questioning the happenings of megatrons plotting in beastwars.
(source material is sacred though)

I like the part where it says: "neither of these plans work if the preceding one succeeds."
Yea that's kinda how contingencies usually go down.

Quote:
Also, the entire setup of the movie is heavily flawed.

1) We, the USA, have NEVER landed on the "Dark Side" of the Moon. The time of radio silence is when the orbiter is circling the far side of the Moon. EVERY landing from the US and other nations (manned and unmanned) have been on the "front side" of the moon.

Why? Communication. We don't have geosync satellites around the moon that would allow for constant communication no matter the location. To argue they could have lifted out and re-landed on the moon is beyond preposterous.
At what point during the whole space race was motivated by the ark landing did you start questioning how accurate the lunar landing facts would be...I guess never.

Marvel universe (which TF was part of at some point) is only about 3x as revisionist as Hasbro's, which is 2x as revisionist as ours. Nazi's didn't have laser powered canons in world war 2 by the by.

Quote:
Bay is terrible when it comes to actual space travel. He tremendously screwed the pooch on Armageddon (Space Shuttle taking off like a plan on the asteroid??!?!?!) and has done so again here.
aha...eh....eh.

just a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
I think Micheal Bay himself might be posting in this forum. I've never seen a film defended with such tenacity.
I gotta admit, at this point I just do it for the lol's.
it's fun. It probably would have been more fun if the movie bombed like some were hoping though.

Last edited by Marvin; 07-12-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote