View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #103
TheZink
Rocket Man

Default Re: Scenes in the movie that made go "Uhhh really?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
At what point during the whole space race was motivated by the ark landing did you start questioning how accurate the lunar landing facts would be...I guess never.
Not at all. If instead of the Dark Side of the moon we went to a deep crater or somewhere NEAR where we did actually explore I wouldn't be so up in arms about it. But the fact is we could not have possibly gone to that side of the moon on the landing. It could have been any director or writer making the same mistake and I'd be calling BS. That part would have stuck out like a sore thumb and made me ill. Yes, I knew that going into the movie, I was hoping it would have been the worst mistake, sadly I was wrong.

Armageddon was much worse in this particular area. The shuttle lifting off from the asteroid is laughable. Both cases show me laziness or just not caring for what is physically possible with our technology (and we have big giant transforming robots, I know). It seems like the writers and directors went with the easiest tools they had and didn't try to make something a bit more believable to those that know better.

It's not picking on Bay, I'd rip apart any director with the same lazy plot. I hated a number of scenes from the new Star Trek that fell in the same category (Space Jump, wtf!?! and jettisoning the core into the time rift ). The Star Trek ones I forgive because the story and writing around them prop them up.

Bay does what he wants and the hell to anyone else.

TheZink is offline   Reply With Quote