View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 02:09 AM   #121
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: What would you rather see next - FIRST CLASS 2 or X4?

Thanks.

Before X-Men: First Class, I actually did have Emma as part of my version, because yea, I felt that Astral Plane and telepathic struggling needed some Emma. I think I had her coming in as a former colleague of Xavier's who was coming to help take over the school after his death, but of course, she had her own agenda as well.

But honestly, I think those characters would be better served to be left alone at this point. Even if there are some good ideas, in the end it still just serves to undo an entire movie, and I think that making a movie to undo another movie is even worse than the first movie ****ing things up to the point that they need to be undone. For better or worse, the characters of the main X-Men trilogy have had closure.

Now, we've introduced an entirely new set of characters with the Havok, Banshee, Beast X-Men team, and while that's happening, the main character from the main trilogy is getting his own series of movies (he's already one film deep, and getting ready to get his 2nd).

Let the main trilogy exist as is. The only character from that who's really not gonna get much else is Storm, but she was brought to closure as well, taking over Xavier's spot at his school. Sure that should have been Cyclops, but I think that's a pretty fitting end for her character. Iceman, Colossus, and Kitty Pryde were never shown to be anything more than supporting characters, so it'd be difficulty to all of a sudden make them major players.

Wolverine has his own series of films, and considering the Japan saga they are going in next, it could take place either before, or after, the main trilogy. Either way, Wolverine is being put to use.

Xavier and Magneto are being put to use in the First Class series, and have introduced Havok and Banshee, as well as re-introduced Beast, who was shown in X-Men: The Last Stand to be an older member from before the main trilogy.

I think the First Class period can give us some good stories. Like I said, I think Mutant Massacre could fit well. I think, if done right, Sentinels could even work. But ideally, I'd love to see a Friends of Humanity fused with Mutant Massacre that leads into a version of Sentinels.

Or... we don't get anymore X-Men movies, and I'm fine with that too. but really, all I want, and I've stated this before, that if we do continue to get new X-Men movies, that they don't start contradicting and undoing previous movies. You don't have to go out of your way to tie into the already existing story, you can have your own story, but don't go out of your way to contradict what's already been established, either.

As much as I wanted Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, and Beast to be the "first class", I'm actually starting to like the idea of a completely separate team with Havok, Banshee, and Beast, as well as whatever other characters get brought into the mix in the future, while leaving Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm to the main trilogy. We've even seen how Cyclops and Jean Grey were recruited by Xavier, so we don't even need the First Class movies to go into that. If they do bring them in, I'd say at the end of whatever is going to be the last First Class movie, just have a quick scene of Xavier welcoming his new student recruits, and having them be Cyclops, Jean Grey, and Storm.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote