View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 PM   #77
sepharih
Resident Censor Hater

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
No, obviously not. I was saying that I don't think those tactics in a movie mean the director is not talented... It's just a matter of taste.
Tactics aren't the issue. The success rate is. As with most things in art, there are not really concrete rules....just established principles and conventions that most people follow. As always, there are artists that defy these rules and still manage to create compelling and brilliant works....but they are the exceptions. It's also not a bad thing if you need to follow more traditional structure. Many of the greatest filmmakers do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
I never quite understood this type of hypothetical question. Taking away a piece of an entity's identity, effectively alters its whole to the point where it wouldn't be what it originally was. So why bother asking?
It's a common and faulty form of criticism towards visual FX driven films that has never made any sense honestly. You almost might as well as what Star Wars would have been without John Williams Score, or what Lord of the Rings would have been without the amazing cinematography.
There are plenty of films that depend on their visual fx to tell their stories that are exceptionally good.

sepharih is offline   Reply With Quote