View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #108
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Scenes in the movie that made go "Uhhh really?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZink View Post
My problem is, if you are going to use an event that is well known and documented and use the moon landing which is very well known and the science behind it is well known, why change it to something that is impossible with the technology available at the time?
So you can make a fun film about it probably. apply your question to Xmen first class, apply it to watchmen and then conclude with the same point...

Cause you're not making a documentary, you're making an entertaining experience.

Quote:
How hard would it have been to just have the craft land in a crater on this side of the moon? Or was Bay set on the "Dark of the Moon" title?
Bay and the rest of the people involved, including the people with more say than even he, probably thought it would be cool yea. In hindsight it's a pretty engaging twist.

Quote:
Couldn't have said it any better. I loved The Rock. Maybe it's because I didn't know crap about biological warfare or Alcatraz prison.
I'm sure someone out there would argue that all the stuff that happened in that film is bull **** as well...in fact I'm sure of it. But here you are with an opportunity to see the other side.
(the dark side if you will)

Quote:
Armageddon was good the first time I watched it. After I got into aerospace engineering and really learned about the space shuttle, propulsion and rocket theory, I realized how much BS the movie was full of.
Nasa signed off and lent themselves fully to the production(if I recall correctly). They don't do that often...they probably thought it was a fun film for the whole family and left the docu stuff for the ron howard film. I honestly don't think most people are bothered by problems of that nature.

Quote:
Bay just doesn't seem to try and sell the unbelievable. He puts it out there without explanation and either you buy it or you don't.
Actually he's one of the few that tries to get more things on point than anyone. It actually annoys a lot of people.

Military operations is a big one.
Real stunts..that bore real film lovers...

Buddy cop movies defy just about every logical pathway of a police procedural, I'm starting to wonder if cops hate them.