View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #93
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread!

Here's some clips I found on YT of the Elfman interview at the Grammy Museum back in June. I couldn't find Clip 2 maybe whoever posted the videos lost it or forgot to post it. The stuff Elfman talks about isn't really anything I haven't heard before. In fact, some of the things he talks about are in the book of the Elfman/Burton 25th Anni. Music Box. And I was hoping they had a clip of him discussing how he and Raimi had patch things up.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Here's two other videos I found on YT. Looks like somebody leaked some music from the Elfman/ Burton Music Box. The first video is the unused song demo "Erased " from Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. It's all performed by Elfman himself via synthesisers. I talked about this when I gave my thoughts on the music box, but once again it's a really touching and sad song that would've been interesting to hear in the final film performed by (Pre-Sweeney) Johnny Depp. I also like how the song makes good use of the main theme. Very well done.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The next song is another unused song demo performed by again Elfman with guitars by Steve Bartek. This song was inspired by The Nightmare Before Christmas obviously. I don't know if Elfman wrote this for the film or it's album or for one of his band's albums at the time. B/c it definitely sounds like Boingo especially at that point in the band's career. I like it b/c of that reason. I like Boingo's songs very much. This definitely felt more like an unused Boingo song than an unused Nightmare song.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote