View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #270
ALP
In The Mountains

Default Re: Superman the Movie = STILL the greatest superhero movie

Not sure if I'd call it numero uno but it's certainly up there. I love S:TM. The cast was so terrific. Reeve remains the best Superman to date, I've always liked Hackman's Luthor, Kidder was terrific, and even Brando's small role as Jor El was quite memorable.

And I'm one of the few who doesn't have a problem with Superman reversing the earth. Really the only thing about the movie I can say I simply flat out hate is Otis. The one character that dates the movie with his silly bumbling antics and even his theme grinds my gears. Love the movie overall though, the second as well. I like to pretend the third and fourth don't exist and I'll certainly never watch them again. (Just watched the fourth about a month ago for the first time)

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote