View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #87
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

I love his style too.

In fact, watching 300 was the first time I really felt a film looked like art without employing tactics like Sin City or Scanner Darkly did and actually making it look like a painting.

I love the slow mo, I love the use of colour and the use of music in all his films. I love Snyder's energy in interviews, like an excited nerdy school kid who can't get his words out... it's that enthusiasm that gets me enthusiastic about everything he does. I love that he uses simple, beautiful, almost cliched phrases like 'There's nothing wrong with dreams' as a theme for a film, and is not ashamed to be that innocent and leave it at that, instead of trying to add in something more 'profound'.

I don't think MOS in anyone elses hands would make me as excited.

I seriously doubt that anyone in Hollywood understands Superman in the way that I do, and i've sort of accepted that. But at least with Snyder, I know I am going to get a Superman I am going to enjoy watching, regardless of whether the storyline is to my fan 'tastes' or not. Because it's going to look gorgeous, it's going to have wonderful pacing, the music is going to be perfectly timed to heighten the emotional moments, and it's going to be the best Superman fight scenes we have ever seen, and likely could have ever dreamed of

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote