View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #32
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: (Spoilers) Did Anyone Else Find It Sad...

It was definitely a great scene and one of the better ancillary romances I've observed in a film as of late; not contrived or heavy-handed... something which often befalls similar dynamics in this type of movie.

However, I did think it was a bit too somber of a note to end the movie proper on. I'd have preferred if they cut to credits sometime right after all the V-E Day/peace imagery, particularly the kids seemingly mimicking Cap and the Commandos/Invaders; something to underscore the value of Cap's sacrifice and what he was fighting for. Save the harsh reality of the reawakening for after the credits when it can be embraced for the good and bad.

Of course, that's all largely moot because pretty much everyone in the theater knew to stick around for a little post-credit goodness that provided more of an uplifting feeling.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote