View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #52
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: (Spoilers) Did Anyone Else Find It Sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I think it's funny that the grumpy gusses who didn't like the movie even before they saw it are trying to tell people how to feel about the scene near the end.

You don't have to like the scene but it's not hyberbole to say that it touched them that much.
Not telling anyone how to feel, but exaggeration does run rampant on these forums. I mean Captain America, a film with absolutely no flaws? C'mon ....

Quote:
Forrest Gump is one of the most manipulative movies ever made. It's a bland big cemercial film masquerading as a deep smart one. It's one of Robert Zemeckis's "I'm a whore for special effects and nothing else" films. Look Forrest meets Kennedy! Look he is inserted somewhere else! I've watched like 70% of it and do not want to see the rest. It's a dubious thing indeed when one who finds that film deeply emotional rags on one who finds something in Captain America emotional. At least Captain America isn't pretending that it's some great big film with an amazing message.

Pick a better movie and I might be in like flynn with ya.
You're certified insane. Gump was one of the most emotionally deep movies in cinema. The scene in which I speak is when Gump looks at his son for the first time and worries that he too suffers from the same physical/mental conditions. All the struggles and torment he went thru hit him like a ton of bricks and he didn't want his son to suffer the same. How could that not be a powerful scene? "Is he smart" with the tears rolling down his face. I'm sure if Gump pulled up his shirt to reveal abs like Chris Evans you'd prolly fall in love with it.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 07-24-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote