View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 02:15 AM   #56
Fanticon
Sneaky-Snake!

Default Re: (Spoilers) Did Anyone Else Find It Sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I wouldn't say it was very emotional and it was a bit cliché....but it was very well done. Evans and Atwell had real chemisry in this movie and they played the scene just right so it was sad, without becoming maudlin. PRobably the best attempt at romance in a MS film to date.
Contradiction poster child.

and this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Forrest Gump is one of the most manipulative movies ever made. It's a bland big cemercial film masquerading as a deep smart one. It's one of Robert Zemeckis's "I'm a whore for special effects and nothing else" films. Look Forrest meets Kennedy! Look he is inserted somewhere else! I've watched like 70% of it and do not want to see the rest. It's a dubious thing indeed when one who finds that film deeply emotional rags on one who finds something in Captain America emotional. At least Captain America isn't pretending that it's some great big film with an amazing message.

That 30% of the rest of the film that you've neglected to watch, is the part you fear will make you curl up into a little ball and cry. The very nature of any movie is to manipulate your senses, right down to your cerebral core. Many will fail. But Forrest Gump? That is genuinely an emotionally satisfying and beautiful film...an uplifting kind of sad, not the depressing kind. And perhaps it is the death of my 20's that has fueled a newly realized sensitivity in me, but the end of Cap was quite sad, and honestly if they hadn't topped that movie off with that scene and those final moments in the end where you knew the love story was doomed, and Rogers eventually waking up in the future and having to cope with that, I might not have liked the movie that much more. It was perhaps, one of the most redeeming qualities of the movie by the time it was over...even after the Avengers teaser.

Fanticon is offline   Reply With Quote