View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #57
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: (Spoilers) Did Anyone Else Find It Sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillyvick14 View Post
I also felt that it was useful that the modern day scene at the end of the film was not directed by Johnston, it helps convey the feeling that Cap is disoriented as we the audience are subjected to a different type of cinematography that is more modern and jarring.

A friend of mine felt the plane crash was too contrived and that Cap could have easily softly landed it. The answer to that criticism is that the aircraft was too badly damaged (especially its engines) after Steve crashed the bomb into it earlier correct? I remember him saying to Peggy that landing it safely would be difficult or something similar.

Yes, Steve flew that Hydra bomber right into the rear engines of the flying wedge. That alone did a lot of damage to it, but the fight with the Red Skull inflicted even more on the cockpit controls. Some of the instrumentation was taken out when the Skull smashed into it. When the Cube burned through the floor that may have done even more damage, while at the same time depriving the plane of its power source. (That bit I'm not absolutely certain of, however.) All told, that plane sustained more than enough damage to explain why Cap had to ditch it in the Arctic.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote