View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #58
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: (Spoilers) Did Anyone Else Find It Sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanticon View Post
Contradiction poster child.

and this...

That 30% of the rest of the film that you've neglected to watch, is the part you fear will make you curl up into a little ball and cry. The very nature of any movie is to manipulate your senses, right down to your cerebral core. Many will fail. But Forrest Gump? That is genuinely an emotionally satisfying and beautiful film...an uplifting kind of sad, not the depressing kind. And perhaps it is the death of my 20's that has fueled a newly realized sensitivity in me, but the end of Cap was quite sad, and honestly if they hadn't topped that movie off with that scene and those final moments in the end where you knew the love story was doomed, and Rogers eventually waking up in the future and having to cope with that, I might not have liked the movie that much more. It was perhaps, one of the most redeeming qualities of the movie by the time it was over...even after the Avengers teaser.
I don't imagine I'll ever care for tripe like that but knock yourself out. People have actually convinced themselves that American Beauty is a great movie to so nothing surprises me.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline   Reply With Quote