View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #45
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Default Re: So what DIDN'T we like?

I have a few .....

- I thought some of the green screen work was really tacky. It's the difference between a $140million budget and a $200million budget. So I guess they just had to make due.

- The rescue of the Howling Commandos was weak. Don't get me wrong, there were a couple of funny moments. I LULZ'd when Morita responded to Dum Dum "I'm from Fresno" and when Morita asks the french guy if he knows how to use the gun. I just thought Cap too easily tip-toed his way into the facility. I did however like the scene within it when he met The Red Skull for the first time. That was my favorite exchange between the two of them.

- The missions montage watered down the action.

- You never got to see Cap's full abilities in this movie, partricularly his acrobatic ones. I mean we're talking about a guy who's supposed to be better than the best Olympic gymnast.

- Evans performed better than I expected, but I still stand by my comments that there was still not enough range there. I started getting bored with him and no it has nothing to do with "how Captain America is". I thought he played Skinny Steve better than he played Cap. I mean in the beginning Steve was the guy getting feisty with Bucky because other men are putting their lives on the line, so he should be too. I never really saw that again for the rest of the movie. I can't tell if it was because the script didn't call for it or Evans was trying too hard too hard to be straight laced.

- The scene with Bucky rescuing Steve in the alley was pure cheese.

- The Howling Commandos were wasted in this. I thought it really odd how Cap recommended them to Col. Chester even though at that stage he barely knew them.

- I liked the Cap/Skull fight, but I felt it could've been done even better. They just looked like two boxers going at each other when it's supposed to be two nearly super-powered humans.

- The scene with Bucky falling off the train should've been held longer for more dramatic effect. It felt like it was on fast forward to me.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote