View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #90
gridlockd
Side-Kick

Default Re: So what DIDN'T we like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
I found it perfectly plausible. He crash landed in an area that was probably hundreds of miles of pure ice. His ship was covered inside the ice for most of the time until a freak coincidence lead to him getting uncovered. Trying to find it would literally be like looking for a needle in a haystack. The plane was emitting no energy signature (like the cube was) so you literally had to just blindly search.

The only problems I had was Bucky's death. It just didn't have much of an emotional impact. I think Bucky and Steve's relationship should have been built on more, so when he finally did die, it was a huge shock to the audience. I expected Bucky to get saved by Steve a few times, just to get the audience in that comfortable mindset of "oh, he's the hero's friend that always gets saved but never dies." Only to hit you with a whammy closer to the end of the film.

I also thought Steve and Peggy's relationship could have been explored more as well.

So it was emitting an energy up until it hit the ground? So if they know where it went down, just concentrate your search in that area. Would it take even 5 years if you know where to look? Just seems like they want it both ways, Stark has all this crazy cutting-edge technology but oh, we don't have the technology to find this giant ship in the snow. I'm not saying it ruins the movie but again, the filmmakers themselves obviously saw that this way an issue or they wouldn't have added that pre-emptive expository dialouge.

gridlockd is offline   Reply With Quote