View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #111
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: So what DIDN'T we like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
How did they know the speed of the bomber?
The same way any launch terminal knows the speed it the aircraft that depart and arrive, radio tracking. We know origin, destination, (speed), and time. The scientists of the time and even before it were tracking and predicting the movement/impact and locations of celestial bodies with less information and tools at their disposal. If people in comic books are as smart as they seem I'd just imagine it'd be simple fun. I swear Reed Richards could find such a thing in a few minutes with less intel. (And Reed won't be inventing elements anytime soon)

Quote:
All they knew was where point of origin was and the destination. We don't know how long it took the ship at sea to even get remotely close to the area. By that time what was remaining of the bomber could've already moved about as the ice and landscape shifted. Radio frequency ended upon crashing to so it wouldn't have remained as that movement occurred.
Though I'm not sure why they would only take a ship out there in the first place. How far are you implying the ice moved this thing(in the many days it took to get out there) anyways? over or less than 100 square kilometers?

Quote:
Stark was able to trace the energy source of the cube IMO because of how strong the energy signal is from the thing and they already had measured that radiation (I'm sure) when they tested it in the lab. You're insinuating that because of Stark's tech saavy, he'd be able to find anything. He clearly has limitations as indicated by the scene with the car and the one with the submarine.
You see if your going to imply that it was indeed the radiation signature that Stark studied and was tracking, you've gotta admit that the ship(and it's massive cube powered engines) would have carried the same signature as well. You don't just turn that stuff off. The half life is like in the many thousands of years.

Quote:
What's next? We gonna sit there and wonder why Cap didn't try to jump off the plane before impact? I mean it's pointless.
That's actually a very interesting question my friend, would have solved a lot of problems for him and or me.

Last edited by Marvin; 07-26-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote