View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #117
Cats
Hot-blooded Feline

Default Re: Do you wish Katie was in TDK, or do you wish Maggie was in BB?

I thought Maggie looked much older than Christian. And while some time has passed, it's been just six months, not like six or even sixteen years for Rachel to progress to Maggie's eternally ticked off demeanor and aged look. Sure Katie's Rachel wasn't all rainbows and sunshine either, but there was a side that truly cared about Bruce, a side that could smile because of him and I think that was totally lost on Maggie's Rachel. Despite the talent she displayed in the role opposite Heath Ledger or Aaron Eckhart, her Rachel seriously lacked any chemistry with Bruce. I must say that was possibly the singular aspect of TDK that really let me down. Christian's chemistry with Katie Holmes worked to an extent in BB, unfortunately by TDK it was flat out dead between Rachel and Bruce, not just because of the way the script was written. For that aspect I guess I wished it could've been Katie in TDK, or even Michelle Monaghan. I've always thought that she looks like Katie, and she isn't too bad of an actress too.