View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #73
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
TIH lacked action?
never said that.

but now that you bring it up, I'm not too fond of the action in TIH, I think LL is the best action director Marvel has ever hired(so far) and it showed but the hulk kinda felt lacking for me. I think it was how de-powered he was in the film. Because of that it just came off as a fight between to big green cgi guys. I preferred the Ang Lee version will the super jumps and what not. And I can't stand films shot in my city. always takes me out.

At this point I don't go into marvel films hoping for amazing action. I honestly don't go into nolans film hoping for good action either. I just don't appreciate their flare for action. I think I'm just too accustomed to the moving camera of hong kong cinema...And blade of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostPoet View Post
I'm the opposite. I think Marvel does a great job on all acts of the film...but the second act is usualyl where they shine.
So think their action is better than their character work too? Their characters have all grown on me.

Last edited by Marvin; 07-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote