View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #88
Rac
Deadite

Default Re: The Official Hellboy 3 thread

From Comic-Con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Perlman
(Hellboy 2) was tough. Both of us walked away from that a little bit, ďDo I ever want to revisit this?Ē But then with the luxury of time and looking at it in an objectified wayÖ We were beat up at the end of itÖ He always looked at it as a trilogy and there were things that were unresolved. So for us to not make it would be letting down people who invested in the first two. Itís epic what he wants to do, but it would be cinematic and well worth doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo del Toro
The reality is this:Each of those movies has been an incredible ordeal to make. The first one, it was an $85-90 million dollar movie and we did it for $50 [million] because we wanted a red guy, nobody wanted a blue guy, nobody wanted this crazy little idea. The second movie, it was a $150 million dollar movie that we did for $80 [million]. Very difficult, had to fight for every little thing that made them quirky. The third one is the hardest one because itís the darkest one and doesnít necessarily have a happy ending. So to go and say, ďAm I going to be able to make it before Ron is 71?Ē I donít know. And, by the same token, if itís not Ron, I donít want to make it. Somebody else can reboot the franchise, make it different, God bless, but if you do the epic ending ó the third one is epic, itís gigantic.
http://filmoria.co.uk/2011/07/guille...hings-to-come/