View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #74
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
never said that.

but now that you bring it up, I'm not too fond of the action in TIH, I think LL is the best action director Marvel has ever hired(so far) and it showed but the hulk kinda felt lacking for me. I think it was how de-powered he was in the film. Because of that it just came off as a fight between to big green cgi guys. I preferred the Ang Lee version will the super jumps and what not. And I can't stand films shot in my city. always takes me out.

At this point I don't go into marvel films hoping for amazing action. I honestly don't go into nolans film hoping for good action either. I just don't appreciate their flare for action. I think I'm just too accustomed to the moving camera of hong kong cinema...And blade of course.
How does super jumping equate to action? Was he throwing tanks for 200 miles? No. But he caused plenty of destruction and had a knockout drag out fight that no other entity could in that film.

You're a hard one to please.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote