View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 12:03 AM   #175
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; I think we've come to the point where seeing a tormented hero, or a person who's rise towards becoming a hero is due to some type of tragedy, or unwillingness, of if the protagonist themselves are more anti hero like...is becoming somewhat of a tired trend now.lol

I'd say that it was the start of Burton's Batman that people wanted to see a more edgier and grittier type of hero in contrast to the clean cut image of what CR presented as Superman in the media.

Now, some of us are yearning for the heroes that started the whole hero trend to begin with, and those are the good old fashioned heroes who are just plain good to begin with.
Batman has made the "tormented soul" very popular, but he isn't the only one. Just look at the vast majority of all blockbusters right now. Look at what people praise. When a movie is good, often times the first thing they praise is that it was "so dark!" and that is not really a good/bad thing. That is just the route the story went. What I hate is when I see a movie get dark, when it didn't need to. Films force it more now.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote