View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 05:13 AM   #182
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
Well, the film isn't for everyone, I guess, upon repeat viewings, I feel it might be Marvels strongest film. It absolutely catered to my sensibilities, and was, hands down, the most beautifully shot film of the MCU thus far.

For the amount of story, it was very tricky to maintain a good pace, but I feel as tho, they accomplished that. In fact, my only complaint is that the movie could have been longer to help decompress the story(especially in the second half).

Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much. From the previews, I was hoping to get something akin to Indiana Jones and was pleasantly surprised with the result. It's been a while since I've had that old school sense of "fun" while watching a movie.
The ending, to me, was also poignant.
The film was too safe, too much formula, predictable except the last scene. Red Skull always went running , Captain America wiped out his army quite easily, that "I had a date" ending, lack of emotional depth especially when Bucky died, the Howling Commandos were forgettable, the pace is too fast too. Its a safe movie.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote