View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #197
Marvel
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Captain America: The First Avenger Review Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithil View Post
Just saw it, I really enjoyed it. It felt like, and was, a throwback to an older style of action film, and it worked damn well. It might be Joe Johnston's best film since the Rocketeer (he and Nazis just work) and actually it might be the best film from Marvel so far (and I really liked Thor).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
Cap is indeed the best big budget movie so far in 2011 and the year for such things is slowly drawing to a close. Cowboys & Aliens is as bad as most are saying. I'd say Transformers 3, Thor and First Class are the only real contenders for the crown that I give to Cap.

These are what I've found to be the common reactions to this film. I don't understand the jealousy or hatred and I really don't care. I'm just glad such a good film is VERY well liked and is crossing the $100 million domestic mark probably as I type this out. Sets up what will be an epic Avengers film and will make enough to give us a sequel. That's all I wanted... a great film that does the character justice, delivers fun and does well enough to spring in to a full fledged franchise. A job well done.

Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote