View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #161
Rage
Valar Morghulis

Default Re: Captain America Easter Eggs Thread *Spoilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Caster View Post
People keep suggesting that Tony Stark developed 'vibranium' as the new element in IM2. I still argue that the new element was in fact the same power that the Tesseract (Cosmic Cube) generates. Vibranium is a mineral. How would it power Iron Man's armor? That never made sense to me. Now with Howard Stark finding the Cube in CA:TFA I am even more convinced that he spent time studying the power of the Cube but didn't have the knowledge and the tech to fully exploit it. So he films the message for his young son Tony to discover when he is older (as seen in IM2) and Tony figures out how to properly harness the same energy source that the Red Skull and Armin Zola used to power their weapons in CA:TFA.

I also think the Skull never really fully understood the capabitlies of the Cosmic Cube. He never actually held it in his hand until the showdown inside the cockpit of the Valkyrie bomber. Once he did he saw that the Cube was far more than a mere energy source. Heres hoping he returns in future movies in a major way.
Haven't watched IM2 in a while... but I thought the problem with the arc reactor was that the powersource was too powerful for the rest of the unit and eventually burnt through itself and that was causing the poisoning in Stark's system. Stark created Vibranium to case the arc in, so it would not be able to burn itself/and the system out... what he created was a way to contain the power... not the power source itself.