View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #94
ALP
In The Mountains

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKŪ View Post
Only two of Snyder's movies have had all CGI backgrounds (not including Legend Of The Guardians which is an animated film)

Watchmen was filmed on sets and only had the same amount of CGI environments as most blockbusters have.
I don't mean a movie with all CG. I simply mean the style of it. Snyder's last four movies all have a very distinctive style about them that was accomplished with CGI. Look at the color palette and backgrounds in Watchmen. Very stylized in a dark way. The Superman pic looks the same way. The colors, the smoke, the glossy CG background. I am immediately reminded of the scenery and colors of Ozmandias's Antarctic lair. Definitely Snyder's.

But didn't Snyder say this would be his most realistic looking movie or something like that? So I can't base the entire movie off that one picture, but what we see is clearly very stylized. Not a single background in Nolan's, or say, Bryan Singer's comic book movies look anything like the background in our first official pic.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote