View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #2
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Default Re: Will Natalie Portman reprise the role of Jane Foster?

She said she signed a contract for more Thor films at Comic-Con but didn't know if she would be asked back. I'm trying to get my head around how they can do it without the character of Jane and still have the storyline work. Not to mention losing the star power of Portman and a character that was very popular (not to mention one of few characters to have any development at all).

I hate recasts but would prefer them to replace her with Lizzy Caplan and just get on with the story if push comes to shove.

I'm also concerned that losing earth loses a big part of Thor's character. Its just as important as Asgard, if not more. We have seen no investment from Thor in this planet beyond his interest in Jane. Are we really going to go off to the realms without solidifying Thor's duty to humanity?

They are in the early part of setting the foundations of the character. To throw that all away to go play with dwarves and norns is odd and it could alienate the regular audience like GL did. It feels like they are rushing into what should be a third or even fourth movie as the second one.