View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 05:34 AM   #58
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Official Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
In another thread some of us were venting our fears that Agent Coulson could be killed off in The Avengers. For me the fear was based on rumors about the stolen script and Joss Whedon's propensity for killing off major characters. Fortunately, Whedon himself has allayed my fears greatly in an MTV interview wherein he said he has a "man-crush" on Clark Gregg and that Coulson's role will be greatly expanded.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/679...rk-gregg.jhtml

Whew! Now I can breathe a little easier. The possible death of the Son of Coul had been worrying me. At least Whedon likes both the character and the actor, which gives me a lot of hope for Coulson's continued existence.
He likes him, but that doesn't mean he won't still kill him off. He liked many of his own characters in other TV series that he invested time in. Sometimes, because he liked them and made the audience care about them, that's precisely why he killed them off. He's not going to kill off someone that the audience doesn't care about. I'm not saying Whedon will definitely kill Coulson, but the fact that he has a man crush on him doesn't mean anything.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote