View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #109
mclay18
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Score : Singular, Or Multiple Composer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayis View Post

If ends up doing it (which I highly doubt, but still, let's let this hypothetical situation be pondered for a moment), I would seriously consider not seeing the film. Battle: Los Angeles was one of the worst film experiences I've had in some time, and even though I love Whedon and all of the actors involved... just... no.
It's all about what the director and producers want. I enjoyed Tyler's Battle: LA score, but I disagree on that he always delivers bombastic action scores. I'll agree that he relies a bit too much on electronics and percussion nowadays, but Tyler is flexible. He can deliver subtle, suspenseful music and better-arranged action music. (It's just a lot of the producers he works with demand that kind of sound. But at least he composes and conducts all his music when he can.)

When I heard David Newman was scoring Whedon's Serenity, I was skeptical. But his score was surprisingly different and good... so if Tyler gets the Avengers gig I'm sure he'll tone down his excesses and such.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote