View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #80
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Christian Bale v.s. Michael Keaton - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
The thing is that the fear in the hearts of the alley full of thugs that cause them all to flee is inconsistent and contrived. After all, none of Two Face's thugs are afraid of Batman, and they don't run, even though they are approximately 10 or 20 of them. So why are about 100+ thugs so terrified that all of them flee at the mere sight of him? Wouldn't they use "strength in numbers" and attack him?
Because Two Face's men were anticipating Batman, armed with guns and the whole point of Two Face in this movie was trying to find and kill Batman. So if you're working for him then you've put aside your fears of Batman.

Did you see any of the Red Triangle gang running in terror from Batman during the attacks on Gotham when there was dozens of them?

Quote:
Well, it affects my opinion of his performance, because what is shown does not match what we are told (visually).
So you really believed that thug who asked Keaton's Batman "What are you?" when he was holding him up close to his face? Because anyone with two functioning eyes can see it's a man in a costume.

These are the aspects of Batman where you're supposed to suspend your belief.

Quote:
True, and I think that had Batman Forever maintained its subplots and such, it would affect my overall opinion of Val Kilmer's performance. However, I really can only judge the film and its content as I have seen it.
In what way did it fail to maintain that sub plot? It ran throughout the whole movie. It's peppered with scenes about Bruce's nightmares.

Quote:
True, but it doesn't always need to be flat out said. I knew that Bruce Wayne was haunted by his parents throughout Batman Returns, through the film's subtleties, like when he "His parents, I hope he finds them." to Alfred about Oswald Cobblepot's search for his parents.
That doesn't mean he's haunted by it, it means he relates to it. Oswald is missing his parents. Bruce knows what's that's like and hopes he finds them.

I lost my little brother several years ago. If someone said their little brother is missing or died, I could relate to it. It doesn't mean I'm haunted by it. I still miss him terribly, but I'm not haunted by it having nightmares and what not.

Relating to someone's situation doesn't equate to being haunted by it.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote