View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #25
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Default Re: So let's talk about Mask of the Phantasm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
but in nolan's films, bruce's reason to become batman is somewhat because of rachel.

i mean at least in the phantasm, andrea derails his batman quest while in nolan's batman, rachel motivates him to become batman
Rachel's involvement in Bruce's path to becoming Batman in Batman Begins is VERY different from Andrea's involvement in Bruce's path to becoming Batman in Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.
Rachel gave Bruce the foundation of his moral and ethical codes as Batman, and her conversation with Bruce in BB is the beginning of Bruce's journey to becoming Batman.
In B:MotP, Bruce was already on the path to becoming Batman, and was willing to give that up to be with Andrea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
I get it but i suppose it didn't do well in the box office and only decided to tie it in to the dcau during jlu's epilogue ep (which was nice).

but then again none of the batman films are tied into continuity, i would say thank god because mystery of the batwoman was horrendous.
But why not acknowledge the most popular film (or at least one of the most popular) that is meant to show the DCAU Batman's past?

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote